Material Handler (R1457)The material handler position is central to the movement and flow of raw and produced materials within Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Safety and efficiency is key to this role. The position is defined as below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading of trucks and material
- Properly and promptly receive in, tag, count and store all incoming material
- Assist in the physical movement of fabrication materials in-process product throughout the shop
- Manage storage of materials and working skids within departments
- Maintaining pallet stacks in work areas, gather and store empties appropriately
- Maintain excellent communication with shop supervisors
- Ensure a safe work area
- Ensure the safe handling of raw materials and finished product
- Use forklift and other material handling tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years forklift driving experience is desired.
- Proven experience with inventory tracking software and material storage.
- Must be able to properly communicate and work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work as well as have a clear understanding of arranged priorities.
- High school diploma or GED required.