Designer (SolidWorks)/CAD Programmer (R1460)Responsibilities:
• Prepare SolidWorks drawings to include patterns and all dimensions required to fabricate parts or equipment, detailing small to large mechanical, structural and/or miscellaneous metal parts with speed and accuracy.
• Develop drawings of piece parts, weldments, and entire machines using electronic layouts, prints, drawings and other sources.
• Revise existing drawings as needed.
• Generate exploded views of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
• Be able to take the drawing from start to finish.
• Provide mentoring and other valuable characteristics to department.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and professionally resolve issues that are causing extra time to work through in the department.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Support and/or drive FVMT continuous improvement initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
• An Associate degree in Mechanical Design or similar from an accredited college or university is required. In lieu of degree, proven work experience may be substituted. • Minimum of three years of experience with SolidWorks working in an engineering or manufacturing environment required.
• Must possess strong communication and decision-making skills.
• Knowledge of fabrication processes including cold and band saws, shears, laser cutting, water jet cutting, press brake forming, deburring, machining, welding, finishing and assembly is a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel is required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
Specialized Experience: Proficiency in an ERP systems; INFOR (SyteLine) preferred. Product and manufacturing blue print reading. Working knowledge of AWS and Military welding procedures and specifications is a plus.