Paint Supervisor (R1463)Responsibilities:
· Works with operations management team to establish and develop operating parameters and controls. Ensures the systems, processes, controls, work efficiently with established requirements.
· Develop and implement paint production, performance and maintenance activities to meet quality, throughput, cost, safety and environmental standards.
· Investigates root cause of operating problems to develop and implement corrective actions
· Coordinates day-to-day activities of the areas to ensure compliance, maintenance, operating, an efficiency and proper staffing of the paint system
· Report any quality, safety or compliance risks to appropriate operations management
· Develop, train and direct employees to ensure that proper monitoring, cleaning and maintenance schedules are followed and performed within the entire department.
· Responsible for compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety policies/procedures, State of Wisconsin and local government laws and ordinances
· Supervise employees on the execution of production or other tasks in accordance with a production plan.
· Maintain safety awareness and support implementation of prevention initiatives.
· Enforce FVMT policies including discipline, safety, and attendance.
· Investigate and resolve problems and issues as they arise in area.
· Achieve goals in productivity, quality, and schedule attainment.
· Develop short term plans to support production plan.
· Coach employees to accomplish their tasks.
· Train and evaluate new employees.
· Communicate with other areas to assure completion of goals of on time delivery and quality.
· Propose and support continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the plant.
· Apply a variety of coatings including enamels, epoxies, urethanes and military coatings from various paint manufactures
· Accurately document and record all required data needed to comply with each specification
· Read and comprehend documents such as, fabrication drawings, cutting orders, bills of material or other project plans, orders or specification in the order
· Properly maintain paint equipment, i.e., spray guns, booth, filters, etc.
· Proper/correct, timely maintenance of spray booth such as scheduled change of filters, clean lights, change booth paper, etc.
· Knowledge of and adherence to hazardous waste procedures, such as but not limited to, where to store, how to label and what to do in case of a spill
· Correctly use both wet and dry mil testers
· Adhere to ISO procedure qualifications
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
· A high school diploma with 3 years’ spray painting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, a technical college certificate with 2 years’ spray painting experience, or an Associate Degree with 1 year spray painting experience is required.
- 3 + years’ experience in managing a production paint line and related processes
· Experience with spray painting in an industrial setting a plus.
· Familiarity with industrial coatings is a plus.
· Understanding of specific paint product capabilities as they relate to the painting processes desired.
· Ability to correct surface areas per customer requirements or metal imperfections preferred
· Consistent quality technique, dependable performance and skilled attention to detail.
· Ability to stand on ladders, crawl, kneel, use a creeper, bend down, and stretch to apply coating on a varying part shapes and sizes is required.
· Physically able to wear respirators and protective equipment to on a regular basis as part of the sanding, priming and painting process is required.
· Working knowledge of the following: measuring equipment; wet MIL thickness gauges, dry MIL thickness gauges, zahn cups, urethanes and epoxies.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong environmental/regulatory knowledge
- Strong root cause evaluation skills and the ability to problem solve
· Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to read and interpret prints and engineering documents.
· Self-motivated with ability to foster moral in his/her team.
· Ability to read and comprehend worker logs, product processing sheets and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
· Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects.
· Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work effectively independently as well as a team member.
· Excellent hand-eye coordination to consistently apply coats of paint is required along with the ability to measure the adjust application to achieve desired results.
· Must be able to drive a fork lift.
· Product and manufacturing blueprint reading is desired.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: The employee is regularly required to walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hand and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Work environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.