Click here to return to the Job Listing
Education & Experience:
- Research potential vendors’ abilities and products
- Submit requests for vendor pricing/delivery quotes
- Cost analysis of various products and vendors associated with scope of work
- Negotiate pricing and terms of service – find ways to reduce costs while maintaining/improving the quality of purchased goods or services
- Build and maintain a good vendor base - select appropriate vendors based on price, lead time and quality
- Create vendor purchase orders
- Track and expedite orders
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Enter and maintain vendor account information in the business management system
- Address all issues regarding vendor and associated products
- Record, maintain assigned vendor scorecards. Investigate vendor responses and make needed improvements as directed by department manager
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal customers
- Work with Quality Manager to do supplier audits
- Adhere to ISO procedures
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that are causing process inefficiencies in the department, as well as support FVMT continuous improvement initiatives
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Specialized Experience: Proficiency in product and manufacturing blueprint reading is desired.
- A Bachelor Degree with 2 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. An Associate Degree with 4 years purchasing experience or in lieu of either above mentioned degree, 7 + years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
- Experience in a metal manufacturing/fabrication business is desired.
- Knowledge of metal and fabrication materials including, but not limited to, fasteners, hardware, metal finishes and chemical compositions.
- Knowledge of applied coatings and chemical treatments is preferred.
- Understanding of vendors’ specific function capabilities as they relate to the metal fabrication process is desired.
- Familiarity with defense related requirements such as ITAR, Flow Down Requirements, and Certificates of Conformance is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel is required.