Click here to return to the Job Listing
Quality Inspector (R1466)
Education & Experience:
- Perform a variety of parts and product inspections to meet company and customer requirements
- Inspect incoming sub out parts
- Document results of inspections (written/photo etc.)
- Gather data and create reports for customers
- Communicate quality discrepancies to shop supervisors
- Maintain material certifications and inspection documentation
- Maintain calibration control for all IMTE inventory
- Perform inspections to ISO standards
- Notify management of need for CWI
- Ability to use basic measurement tools (combination square, protractor, caliper, etc.)
- Assist with sub out process – request purchase order, tag, and document count
- Label nonconforming parts
- Read blueprints to insure fabricated product meets specifications
- Maintain calibration control for all inventory
- Follow all safety procedures
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- An Associate's Degree in Quality Control Technology from an accredited college, or 3+ years proven inspection experience in lieu of an associate's degree is required.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience working as an inspector in a close tolerance, custom metal manufacturing business is desired.
- Experience in a metal forming, machining, and or welding environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in blueprint reading.
- Use of precision measurement equipment is required.
- General machining and welding knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of metals and raw materials along with the understanding of production processes, quality control, and costs of manufacturing is a plus.