HR Generalist (R1467)
· Partners with and takes direction from Human Resources Manager in addressing the day-to-day HR functions of benefits administration, recruitment, safety and training/development. Related items are detailed below:
· Facilitate the recruitment processes including posting open positions
using a variety of mediums such as internal and external web sites,
professional organizations, social media platforms, etc. Source and
interview candidates. Utilize temporary and contract-to-direct hire
services as appropriate.
· Ensure recruitment processes and standards are applied consistently.
· Interview and assess candidates appropriately. Lead the function for the interview team.
· Participate in job fairs as needed.
· Maintain applicant tracking.
· Process new hire paperwork.
· Coordinate and complete new team member onboarding activities such as training safe work practices training, time keeping procedures, introducing new employees to organizational policies, procedures and benefits.
· Coordinate training activities to maximize the effectiveness of new and existing employees.
· Provide support to site operations in the development of new training materials as it relates to new initiatives.
· Work with department supervisors to develop curriculum that best serves the training needs of their department.
· Record monthly FVMT training activities in database; includes tracking and reporting-out training achievements.
· Assist in administering FVMT employee benefit programs.
· Complete benefits enrollment for new employees.
· Serve as a contact and resource for employees regarding health insurances issues, questions, and concerns.
· Investigate and respond to employees’ insurance inquiries in a timely manner.
· Build professional working relationship with insurance providers to properly assist employees.
· Assist with communication and educating employees on benefits and wellness programs.
· Assists Plant Manager and Human Resources Manager with safety programs and procedures.
· Maintains safety files and records.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge to support FVMT continuous improvement safety initiatives.
· Identify training materials needs.
· Work effectively in a team environment to complete HR projects.
· Communicate and problem solve with others in a reasonable and professional manner.
· Coordinate and manage one’s own daily activities.
· Assists in the completion of HR projects.
· Assists in the coordination of company picnic, holiday party, and employee events.
· Maintain personnel files.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education & Experience:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field with at least 2 or more years of coordinator or generalist experience in a Human Resources role in a manufacturing environment is preferred. An Associate Degree with 4 years human resources experience or in lieu of either above mentioned degree.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
· Good verbal and written communication skills at various levels within an organization is required.
· Experience conducting training in one-on-one and group settings.
· Applicant must be able to develop curriculum and have previous training classroom experience.
· Solid recruitment and interviewing experience.
· Proven experience in analyzing information and providing deductive reasoning; necessary to be able to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to handle significant amount of confidential information.
· Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
· Demonstrated sound organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal instructions is required.
· Ability to work as a team both within the department and partnering with operations to achieve Company goals.
· Ability to build appropriate rapport, listen, and develop constructive and effective working relationships using diplomacy and tact.
· Ability to handle fluctuating demands and multiple tasks.
· Must have solid proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Specialized Experience: For training purposes, proficiency in product and manufacturing blueprint reading is desired.