Welder - TIG (R1428)
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products
- Ability to read work orders, instructions, formulas, or processing charts to ensure precise and accurate welding in agreement with the customer’s design
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances
- Maintain welding equipment in good working order, to keep the equipment free of debris and perform proper maintenance
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports.
- Maintain clean equipment/tools and work area
- Notify supervisor when work received does not meet the specifications required. Follow all relative ISO 9000 procedures
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Able to work 1st shift, Monday - Friday 6:00 PM - 2:30 PM (Department is currently working an additional 1-2 hours overtime per day.)
- Perform all other duties as assigned (ex.- occasional parts prep)
- 4+ years' experience with GTAW welding process (TIG welding) is desired, or…
- An Associate Degree in a technical area or a 1 year welding certificate program with 3+ years TIG welding experience is required.
- Experience welding thin gauge materials and aluminum is desired.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fabricate from manufacturing and/or customer provided blueprints to meet welding specifications.
- Ability to accurate read weld symbols and pass all weld tests is required.
- Accurate and reliable measuring skills.
- Ability to weld within tight tolerances.
- Ability to communicate properly with team members and staff at all levels in order to manufacture a high quality product.