- Prepare detailed sales estimates including labor and material requirements
- Defines how parts and assemblies will be manufactured
- Prepare and submit quotations by analyzing customer inquiries and requirements.
- Identifies outsourced services and associated costs
- Develops and maintains standard labor metrics for all operations in the manufacturing process
- Analyzes actual costs to validate estimating standards
- Communicates written proposals to customers and/or submits to sales for final submission to customer
- Produce and maintain back-up of sales estimates as needed
- Develop, use, and maintain estimating, delivery, and project reports
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that are causing extra time to work through in the department
- Handle designated house sales accounts as assigned
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Support and/or drive FVMT continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education & Experience:
- BS or Associate degree in a manufacturing, engineering or similar. (In lieu of degree, proven work experience in metal fabrication industry with hands on operation of multiple fabrication processes, specifically in welding, machining, press brake, finishing, and painting operations may be substituted.)
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a metal fabrication environment with demonstrated knowledge of machining and metal fabrication processes required.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes including cold and band saws, shears, laser cutting, water jet cutting, press brake forming, deburring and finishing, machining, welding and assembly.
- Knowledge of part inspection processes including required equipment including CMM and Faro Arm, and non-destructive inspection processes like dye penetrant, magnetic particle, and x-ray.
- Additional knowledge in painting – wet and powder, thermal spray, heat treating, chemical coatings and other metal working processes including stamping, roll forming, pipe bending and others is a plus.
- Understanding of customer relations and specific function capabilities as they relate to metal fabrication process is desired.
- Familiarity with defense related requirements such as ITAR, Flow Down Requirements, and Certificates of Conformance is preferred.
- Must possess strong communication & decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
Specialized Experience: Proficiency in an ERP systems; INFOR (SyteLine) preferred. Product and manufacturing blue print reading, ability to view drawings in AutoCAD and SolidWorks required. Working knowledge of AWS and Military welding procedures and specifications is a plus.