Click here to return to the Job Listing
Metal Finisher (R1468)
- Set up, operate, and maintain various types of finishing equipment including CNC grinders, sand and bead-blasters, polishers and mixers
- Interpret and work from complex drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts, and properly document such non-conformances
- Notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators
- Maintain lubricating oils and cutting fluids to proper levels in machines
- Utilize small hand tools to remove metal shavings from the interior and exterior of machined parts. Return all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and to maintain a clean work area
- Follow all relative ISO 9001:2015 procedures
- Responsible for some assembly
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit report
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Perform other jobs as assigned by supervisor
- A Technical Certificate/Diploma from a technical college in a subset of metal fabrication is required. In lieu of a technical certificate/diploma a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of grinding tools, including their use and maintenance, as well as knowledge of the raw materials being used is required.
Specialized Experience: Competency reading blueprints and shop math skills