Click here to return to the Job Listing
Lead Machinist 2nd shift (R1441) $1000 Hiring Bounus!!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and Education:
- Set up, operate, and run CNC equipment in the machining center
- Lead and guide 2nd shift team through ability to answer technical questions and review set-ups
- Interpret and work from complex manufacturing drawings, blue prints and part specifications
- Properly select the correct tooling to complete the machined
- Identify non-conformances during inspection of component parts and properly document such non-conformances
- Record an accurate log of job times and specifications for audit reports
- Maintain clean equipment, tools, and work area
- Follow established safety procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work 2nd shift of Monday - Thursday, 2:30 PM - 2:00 AM
- A minimum of two years machining experience with a precision-based metal fabricator is preferred or...
- Five plus years’ experience in a general CNC machining shop or...
- An Associate Degree in Machining in lieu of the above mentioned experience is required
- Experience leading a work team in a positive, professional manner is desired
- Experience with Haas and/or FANUC controls is a plus
- Knowledge of machines and tools, uses, repair and maintenance is required
- Knowledge of the raw materials being used is desired
- Ability to communicate properly with a variety of staff to update, learn, and problem solve, in efforts to machine high quality parts for our customers is required
- Computer skills and ISO experience is a preferred
- Ability to read basic manufacturing blueprints and is required
- Knowledge of Gibbs software or ability to program is a plus, but not required.